Kazakhstan is one of the world’s most promising emerging markets for natural resources and is one of the 10 leading countries in the world for mineral reserves.
To ensure sustainable development of its mineral wealth, in the next few years the Government of Kazakhstan is planning to issue over 3 000 exploration licenses and support the development of junior mining sector.
Until now, lack of funding was the main impediment to the growth of junior mining in the country.
Introduction of the New Subsoil Use Code and creation of the Junior Mining platform at Astana International Exchange are designed to provide impetus for accelerated growth of Kazakhstan’s junior mining.
The 4th Junior Mining Projects Competition MineInvest Kazakhstan will be held on 2 April 2020 at the Radisson Astana Hotel as part of the 11th MINEX Kazakhstan 2020 Mining and Exploration Forum.
The objective of the competition is to provide a platform for independent evaluation of early stage and developing mining projects and to discuss opportunities for their accelerated implementation with the assistance from investors and financial backers.
The competition is organised for subsoil users, prospecting companies and individual entrepreneurs developing mining projects in Kazakhstan and other Central Asia countries.
Participation in the competition is an opportunity to receive the recommendations from leading experts, attract potential partners or investors, promote the projects to the forum’s worldwide international audience.
The winners will be determined in the following categories:
Prospecting project of the year
Projects of prospecting precious metals and precious and semiprecious stones extracted from the depths of up to three meters and on the territory of no more than five hectares.
Exploration project of the year
Exploration and mine development projects developed in 2017-19 with proven reserves and resources confirmed by the State Reserves Committee or in accordance with international standards of CRIRSCO framework.
Investment project of the year
Implementation in the period of 2017-2019 of large-scale investments in the development of deposits of metals or minerals, construction and reconstruction of mining and metallurgical enterprises.
Best mine closing of the year
Financing of liquidation and reclamation of mine sites and post-mining activities.
How the competition will be organised
Projects accepted for presentation at the competition will be announced in the forum program and website.
When: The competition will be held on Wednesday 1 April 2020.
Where: Radisson Astana, Nur-Sultan, Sary Arka Avenue 4.
Participants will be offered 10 minutes to present the project and answer jury’s questions. Presentations will be translated simultaneously into English and recorded on video. Upon completion of the presentations, the jury will convene in a closed meeting to select the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place).
The winners will be announced on 1 April 2020 in Radisson Astana. The winners will be awarded with the Competition diplomas and prizes.
Presentations presented at the competition will be published in the post event report, which will be distributed after the forum among the MINEX Kazakhstan 2020 Forum participants and MINEX Forum subscribers.
What do contestants gain?
- You will have an opportunity to attract attention of potential investors, financiers and business angels to your project.
- You will be able to receive advice and professional coaching from seasoned investors and leading experts.
- You will be able to disseminate information about your project and receive feedback from professional audience attending the Forum.
- English speaking presenters will be offered an opportunity to conduct interview with the Forum media partners via specialised investment media platforms.
- Successful projects will be nominated for MineInvest awards and listed in the Forum special report.
Provided equipment and services:
- Russian-English simultaneous translation will be provided
- Equipment provided: projector, screen, laptop, clicker/presenter, lectern, microphones, audio system, translation headsets.
|Options||Masterclasses||Mining Goes Digital conference||Forum + Mining Goes Digital conference||Masterclasses + Forum + Mining Goes Digital conference||Presentation at the competition without participating in the forum|
|Business rate||200 USD
75 000 KZT
125 000 KZT
250 000 KZT
300 000 KZT
55 000 KZT
|Academic rate||100 USD
39 000 KZT
60 000 KZT
125 000 KZT
150 000 KZT
55 000 KZT
MineInvest presentation package includes the following benefits:
- Possibility of presenting of up to 2 projects (the total duration of the presentation of each project should not exceed 10 minutes, including answers to the jury’s questions).
- Publication of the speaker profile in the forum catalogue, on the website and in the mobile application.
- Use of a conference room equipped with a screen, projector, sound system and simultaneous translation into English / Russian.
- Using a mobile application to organize meetings.
- Video recording of the presentation.
- Publication of the project in the report after the event.
No later than 28 February 2020, the speaker (or his / her assistant) are required to complete speaker form and provide the following information: speaker’s photo, biography (up to 150 words), title of the presentation, brief summary of the presentation (up to 200 words).
No later than 16 March, email to firstname.lastname@example.org presentation slides for publishing in the Mobile app. In the subject please indicate “Slides for MINEX Kazakhstan 2020 mobile app”. Slides must be sent in 4:3 standard slide size in PPT, PPTX or PDF. If the file size exceeds your allowed email parameters, speakers can send it via a service such as https://wetransfer.com, or by sending a link to the file to the following address: email@example.com.
No later than 20 March, email to firstname.lastname@example.org for projection on the screen. In the subject please indicate “Slides for MINEX Kazakhstan 2020 screen presentation”. Slides must be sent in 4:3 standard slide size in PPT, PPTX or PDF. If the file size exceeds your allowed email parameters, speakers can send it via a service such as https://wetransfer.com, or by sending a link to the file to the following address: email@example.com.
The working languages of the forum are Russian and English. When preparing speeches and presentation slides, speakers can use either one or both languages. Only one presentation file can be presented on the screens. For the simultaneous use of two languages in the presentation, speakers can divide the slides into two parts, presenting the content of each slide in Russian and English.